contact: sethpettersen@yahoo.com

August 18, 2009

So Fully


SO FULLY is my new record. So new it technically doesn't even exist yet. Over the course of the last couple months, I have spent every Monday night at Somis Sounds Studios recording this batch of songs with Eric Richards. Basically we'd show up at 9pm, I would lay down an acoustic guitar track, then drums and percussion, then vocals, then Eric play the bass track, and finally we'd add the bells and whistles and head home around 3am. One song a night, sometimes two songs a night. The result is one of the best recording experiences I've ever had. Most of the tracks are first or second takes, which was nice to capture the energy and pure emotion of each instrument. A lot of heavy stuff has been going on in my life lately, so it was nice to cultivate most of it and turn it into art. I uploaded the whole record to my myspace. You can listen to it here: Seth Pettersen
Still needs to be mastered and pressed. I will make 30 special limited CDRs for the East Coast tour. See you in the clouds.
-Seth